Who we are
The Texas Ground Water Association was founded in 1947 to:
- Assist, promote, encourage, and support the interests and welfare of the water well industry, particularly within Texas;
- Foster, aid, and promote scientific education, standards, research, and techniques to improve methods of well construction and development and advance the science of groundwater hydrology;
- Promote cooperation among well contractors and governmental and scientific agencies in properly developing and protecting underground water supplies;
The Association is operated under a Board of Directors elected by the membership. The Board of Directors consists of the officers, 12 directors-at-large, and a chapter director from each local chapter. There are three divisions of the board which include Contractors and Drillers, Manufacturers and Suppliers, and Ground Water Science.
- Encourage improvements in drilling and pumping equipment;
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate information to the public on the role of the water well industry in the state and national economy;
- Advance the mutual interests of all engaged in the water well industry.
TGWA works to accomplish these goals through a variety of educational and advocacy forums. It sponsors continuing education classes throughout Texas for licensed water well drillers and pump installers; holds an annual convention and trade show; publishes a quarterly newsletter with the latest on regulations, funding, research, and technology; and works as an affiliate member of the National Ground Water Association to promote communications at all levels of the groundwater industry.
President – David Rumbelow
President-Elect – Terry Lowe
Vice President – William McPike
Secretary-Treasurer – John Julian
Immediate Past President
– Don McElroy
Chapter Directors 2017-2018
- Ross Smart
- Wendell Goss
- Paul Rhodes
- Jaythan Browning
- Dale Ball
- Alex Neely
- Ron Stanley