The Texas Ground Water Association (TGWA) was founded as a 501(c)(6) in 1947. The Association is operated under a Board of Directors elected by the membership. The Board of Directors consists of the officers, 12 directors-at-large, and a chapter director from each local chapter. There are three divisions of the board which include Contractors and Drillers, Manufacturers and Suppliers, and Ground Water Science.
TGWA works to accomplish these goals through a variety of educational and advocacy forums. It sponsors continuing education classes throughout Texas for licensed water well drillers and pump installers; holds an annual convention and trade show; publishes a quarterly newsletter with the latest on regulations, funding, research, and technology; and works as an affiliate member of the National Ground Water Association to promote communications at all levels of the groundwater industry.